Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes

   You go through being a parent thinking you have taught your kids right from wrong, until the day you get notified that your kid has a potty mouth. I have always known that this day would come, I just didn't think it would be this soon. The Boy is getting older and will soon be an official TEEN Boy, but I would have never thought I would SEE the day he used D!CK in a text. Now granted he wasn't calling his friend a d!ck, but it was just disturbing none the less. I of course over reacted and immediately took away his cell. But after The Hubby and I talked to The Boy we determined that it wasn't as bad as I had made it out to be.
    I know kids will be kids. I also know that they will use inappropriate language out of ear shot of adults. The whole text would have been fine had he left out the D-bomb. I as a preteen did the same thing. I just knew better than to get caught! I went for YEARS without any adult in my life knowing that when I was with my friends I cussed like a sailor! I think I was maybe 15 when I let Sh!t slip out in front of my SIL.
   So we let him know that we were not happy with his word choice, and I was even less happy about finding  out from my BF. Also had to let him know that whatever you put out there you better be prepared for the WHOLE world to see, be it words or pictures. I ended up giving him his phone back this morning, with the whole, "You better not let me hear about you using that kind of language again" speech.

-Junk Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment