Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jerkalicious

  OK, so I would like to pose a question for you all....if several of you called me on my birthday, and I didn't call you back...would I then be a douche?
  So I have this friend Big Daddy..that on his birthday, my hubby called him on our road trip to wish him a Happy Birthday. We hadn't heard from him in a while(mainly because they moved a little further north), so we thought it would be nice to talk to him. So of course, like many other phone calls to him it goes to voice mail. Now we have been friends with Big Daddy for years and yeah this is typical behavior for day to day calls, since we saw him on a nearly day to day basis. So no biggie right. A week goes by and the hubby finally gets a text message from him on his Xbox saying "Thanks for the Birthday Wishes, Hope all is well on your end." This guy is supposed to have been my husbands best friend. Ironically, he is married to Franny, so yeah they are a match made in heaven.
  I just don't get how someone that you were really good friends with can suddenly just turn off that friendship. Now I know a lot of you are saying well maybe he is a busy man. Well no... that is why they moved an hour away, so that he could be closer to his job and be at home more with his family. So when 5 O'clock hits...he's on the road for his 15 min trek to the casa. And he is always off on weekends.
  The hubby isn't broken up over it, but it really pisses me off. For the last few months we have had to say "It is what it is" to deal with how dead that friendship has gotten. But really how freaking hard is it to call back and say "Hey man I missed your call the other night, because (insert douchey reason here) but I just wanted to call ya back and say thanks for remembering. How have you guys been?" Then find some lame excuse to let him go, and be done with it.
  I have a problem with inconsiderate people. But really when the chips are down and all the bridges are burned he will find himself all alone with his just as inconsiderate wife.

-Match made in Jerkalicious Heaven



 

No comments:

Post a Comment