Sunday, September 6, 2009

Blockbuster...You suck!

   So tonight we found ourselves without a flick to watch, so I thought I'd run down to Blockbuster an grab a movie for me an the hubby. We have turned into a Netflix family since Blockbuster changed their rental policies to the rent for a day or rent for 5days.
    So here's the deal...if you are a member of their Rewards Program...which doesn't amount to much lately, then you can rent a movie for 1 night for merely 99cents. BUT if you Rewards membership has expired you have to pay 3.23 for one night. The cute little girl tried to sell me on renewing my membership by telling me if I renewed for another year at 14.95 then tonights rental would be FREE. Ya following me? Lets do the math here....14.95 membership minus 3.23 = 11.72 uhhh yeah I think I will pass on that great offer. So when I told the cute little girl behind the register that I wouldn't like to renew my membership and would just like to rent this one movie for one night, she looked at me like I was smoking crack for turning down said great offer!
    I didn't used to like the idea of Netflix (why I have no idea), but we have been loyal Netflix users for about a year now and LOVE IT. We always have a new movie waiting in the mailbox for us without having to go down to the video store and search the shelf for one decent movie that we want to see, and we don't have to worry about late fees or as BB likes to call it re-shelving fees.
   While grabbing a movie for us I let the boy run around to see if there was anything that struck his fancy in BB....of course he came up empty handed. So we ran to the store to grab the BBQ necessities and found another great gem REDBOX. I love this little invention as well. For 1.08 I grabbed a movie for him and was disappointed when I saw that they also had the same flick that I just spent 3.23 to rent for a mere 1.08 as well! To bad you can't return a movie and get your money back! So needless to say I will be frequenting the Redbox when I find that we are in need of a quick flix!

-in need of a quick flick!

No comments:

Post a Comment