Monday, August 30, 2010

Condonation

So today I had to go to the DVM to renew my drivers license and have my restriction removed. (Lasik is a wonderful thing!) I stood around for a bit taking and posting pics of the "interesting" inhabitants before I found myself talking to a very nice Pharmacist for a bit. Then after he left I sat and started listening to my Pastor's podcast. The series was about why people leave an come back to the church, with a sub heading of I've done some really bad things, will I be accepted?

Most people think just because they have strayed from church and the "Right" thing to do, that they can't come back. Often it is because of how they are treated by those members of the church or community. So my Pastor brought up a very good point. The question was asked, "If you are invited to a baby shower for a unwed teenage mom, are you condoning this behavior?"  The answer was simple...If you are living a Christ like life, by loving and showing compassion to others, it does NOT mean that you are condoning their actions.
We are often judged by the actions of those in our circle, but if the person making these assumptions were to really look at you as a person, they would see the true christian in you. Jesus was often in the company of "undesirables" of his time, and was judged for this. It wasn't that he condoned what they did, it was that he wanted to show them love and understanding in hopes that they would see the way back from their transgressions!

Just because you have been off course at one point or several in your life doesn't mean that you can't change your course for the rest of your life. I don't know why this spoke to me today, but it did so I thought I would share.

~To Condone or Not to Condone

No comments:

Post a Comment